Saturday, November 6, 2010

Jet Plane

Next week the eggos and I are flying across the country for my medical eval. It will be sunny and eighty degrees. I'm excited.




Flying worries me the most. I understand how the plane gets it the air and how it lands but the five year-old kid inside of me is like, "HOW THE HELL ARE WE STAYING IN THE AIR? WHAT WAS THAT? TURBULENCE!? BULL SHIT. WE ARE GOING TO DIE IN THIS GIANT TUBE OF DEATH."

Yeah, giant tube of death? Thanks conscious. It isn't like I'm just afraid of flying, I'm also afraid of the unknown. Like what will happen during this interview? What is the actual medical evalution? Do I have to get any shots? What if my connection is late? Will my feet have to be in stirrups? Will I be able to find my way to the hotel from the airport? What should I wear? What if I'm not pretty enough (yeah, that's the inner seventh grader coming out)? What if I get lost? What if there is a volcano that erupts and causes all flights be be delayed like it did in Europe with the volcano in Iceland errupted?

This could also be me deflecting my fear of this whole process into flying. In the meantime, I'm trying to stay positive and stock up on Dramamine...and vodka.

No comments:

Post a Comment